Friday, November 6, 2009

Oct. 28, 2009

So yeah, I just like telling what's going on here in Yuli. It's a great place :) It's really beautiful and language is pretty good. I've not really had too many thoughts about "ahh! I can't get this language down!". I just always remember that the Lord will provide as long as we do our best and show our faith.

Monday and yesterday, we had exchanges (where I go to Taidong and change companionships for a day) and being there really made me appreciate what I had in Yuli. The apartments in Taidong are awesome, the food is awesome too, and they have a beach. Yuli is in the mountains, really poor, rural, and not much variety of food. But Yuli has awesome missionary work. No matter where you are, you can do missionary work as long as you have faith for it. I truly believe in that, and that the Spirit will guide us where to go and what to say. After getting back from exchanges yesterday night, Elder Youd and I went out finding less-actives and former investigators, and that's where we saw miracles. I'm starting to talk more in the language and be able to testify of the gospel. Preach My Gospel teaches that the best arrow in our quiver (as missionaries) is our personal testimonies. I know that testifying of truths to our friends and other people is more productive than just saying "This gospel/our message is really important". I know the spirit will give impressions of truth to the people we teach.

So, Brother Wu has like no interest in the gospel :( He just wants to be friends. We are going to be working with Peter and Chao Family mostly though. Peter really feels like a great guy and I feel so good about him. We're meeting him again tonight (hopefully), and we'll teach him about the Book of Mormon more, or whatever he needs at the time. He's such a good guy. Oh and yesterday, we found about 2 more great families in Yuli that wouldn't mind us coming back. So I'll tell you how those go!

But as for this transfer, it's almost over. I'm on my 5th week, and after this week is my last week. This last week, Elder Watson is coming to Hualien for a Zone Conference. So, because we're in Yuli and always have to travel far places, we have District Meeting all day Monday, Zone Conference on Tuesday, Preparation Day on Wednesday, Service Day/Proselyting Day on Thursday, and Weekly Planning Session on Friday. So... That's pretty much the rest of the Transfer. If we get called in 2 Fridays, we'll know if my companion or I are being transfered. So it's exciting :)

Only Elder Youd and I went to the waterfall. It's a 40 minute bike to it and 40 minutes back. It's sooooo pretty, so we're going to take our Zone of 14 missionaries to it next preparation day. I'm excited!

It's still as awesome as ever here in Yuli :)

Love,
Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment