Friday, February 19, 2010

Jan. 25 - I'm glad to be a missionary now... (song)

So this week and a little bit before that, we've been focusing on Love. It's pretty cool to see how much love really matters. I read in my personal study time today and also a week ago President Uchdorf's Talk called "The Love of God". It's really really good, and I'd suggest you two read it again sometime. One of my favorite parts that I liked in it is now on my wall. It goes:
"For what we love determines what we seek,
and what we seek determines what we think and do,
and what we think and do determines who we are - and who we will become."

Its just a great daily reminder to remind us to really focus on what we love, and to put what really matters on our love list. When we really decide that we love God and family more, then we'll consequencely be a more God-loving and Family-loving person. All we have to do is love something more, and it seems as though all else will fall into place.

So in our ward here in DanShui, we have 3 sisters that we call the "Qu(Chu) Sisters". They're all really funny, and the oldest, who's about to serve a mission created some T-Shirts. One of them says in English: "MISSIONARY IS NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND" and on the back it says: "Yes, I'm talking to you, investigator!".... Hahaha it was a funny friendly reminder to the Taiwanese people that we're here to teach.. not to flirt or get girlfriends. I think I'm going to buy one :)

I've noticed that I need to be doing better in my missionary work, and I'm going to repent. I found a letter that I got from Sterling in the MTC and I liked it because he said the best cure for bad feelings on the mission is obedience and hard work. I'm definitely going to work harder on both. I do know this church is true, and I do love it. I've also learned something from David too. He said: "make sure you work with the members, not through them, to get investigators..". I know that through the members, great missionary work can be brought to pass. It's really cool to see how the work really is going to be progressing in the next 10-20 years.

Anyways, I know Jesus is the Christ. He is our Savior and the only method(Chinese translation for a word i like using) for us to return to God's presence. I'm so happy to be helping others realize this too.

Love you both with all my soul,
Elder Scott Carlson =)

P.S. Quick story about Ethan.. we taught him Law of Chastity, and he told us a story of when he was in college, he refused his girlfriend to sleep with him because he didn't want to hurt her. I mean... like who does that these days??? HE'S So Cool!!!! So prepared too. I'm sooo excited for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment