Friday, February 19, 2010

January 4, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Hey Everyone!

Yeah, New Year in Taiwan was pretty noisy. I didn't get to see Taipei 101, but...my companion's MTC companion... said he went with President Grimley to see Taipei 101. We were in our apartment when they did the fireworks and countdown. We live on the 11th floor of our building so we got to see the whole coast/riverside (if it counts as a river) light off their fireworks. Truthfully they were all pretty small because they'd only go about 50-80 feet up before exploding, but it was neat to hear. Also, it was funny to hear exchanges of: HAPPY NEW YEAR and XIN NIAN KUAI LE! Haha... That was soon followed by High Schoolers chucking bottle rockets at each other, which was pretty funny but then I had to go to bed.

So, DanShui is pretty cool. We did Companion exchanges this week, so I went with an Elder to a place called "Bali". Not like the paradise island Bali, but like "eight-neighborhood" Bali. It was really cool though. It's probably one of the most touristic places I've seen in Taiwan. Lots of foreigners and food, and bikes, etc. It was a mayhem to get through. But it was really cool. Everyonce in a while you'll hear a "Adoga lai le!" which means... The Foreigner's are here! Usually by little kids or people running shops. Maybe Dad will get to catch them saying that next time he gets back. Oh, and by the way, that's taiwanese, which I can't really speak, so sorry if that's the wrong way to say it.

One thing I learned from that Companion Exchange though is how much of a better missionary I can be here in Taiwan. My Exchange companion taught me a little bit about Charity and Love. Basically we can exercize our faith and improve it through prayer and other methods. But when it comes down to Charity and Love, that's a gift that we need to ask daily for. I've really been missing out on that and I need to improve on. I really think that Charity and Love is the one thing I can get and do that will change being on a mission into serving a mission. Not that I haven't been loving the people, but there's alot more I can be doing for them.

Anyways, it's 2010! I hope you guys are enjoying the new year and setting some goals. I heard once that those who set goals in their lives are much more effective.

Wishing you all a Happy 20-10!
Elder Scott Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment