Thursday, June 3, 2010

April 19

Yeah, so the Larson's were so good to us. We're usually cooking noodles or eating out at cheap places, and they fed us enchilladas and tacos. It was SOOO good. I felt bad that they were doing so much! Then, the cake came out of course... But! Actually lets start at the beginning. We were both SO confused when they started taping us at the door. They just held the camera up, so we thought they were just going to snap some pics to send to you. But... wow. Haha... My companion and I really had no idea what to say. I really hope that one video is up of me trying to contact the person holding the camera. But anyways, it was an awesome birthday party. I felt like I was right at home, and truthfully, I felt like the luckest missionary in the Taipei mission. So if you could send her a quick thanks, that'd be awesome. Haha I'm glad you finally got to see a video of me on my mission. =) I'll have to send one over this sometime.

Wow... truthfully, the Taiwanese people here are alittle self-centered when it comes to news. It's only about crazy people on the streets of Taiwan, and other strange news, and we rarely hear anything about the outside world, which is really good. Keeps us focused, although ignorant. But wow. I hope all the people over there in Iceland are doing all right...

Oh, as for Moroni's awkward hands, I was refering to my writing skills. I can talk fine, but it's weird... when I type or write stuff, it sounds weird to me. Haha, not that I'm developing leporsy on my mission or anything... don't worry.

So this week, I went on a really cool exchange with my District Leader. He said he wants to see how well I lead. I became "Senior" Companion on this exchange, and was in charge of telephone calls, decisions, leading the lessons, and leading around our area. It was really good and let me know that if I ever become senior companion soon, I can do it. The other big thing I learned from it is how much better I need to be as a junior companion. The ideal companionship has 2 companions that act as though neither is the leader. They both work hard in all aspects such as teaching, finding, supporting the other companion, phone calls (I'll admit, phone calls in Chinese is more or less a trial...every time haha), and other stuff in the companionship. It was a great experience. The other thing I learned from him is how much more humble we can all be. He told me in companionship study that he recently found out that he's not humble. He's like the Most humble, most charible, missionaries I've ever met! I guess it just means I have areas I need to improve on too.

I was reading a missionary book this morning and found a cool quote:
He that gives good advice builds with one hand;
He that gives good council and example build with two hands;
He that gives good admonition, but a bad example, builds with one hand and one pulling down.

It was cool to think of that imagery in how we should lead. That by saying good things, but not doing it, hinders the work. What we must live by is example.

As for the investigators, Sis Hou is getting baptized this saturday! She is totally golden. We come by her Chicken shop everyday to check up on her, and she always surprises us. Yesterday, she took a new Gospel Principles book home with her and by the end of the night, she's read and marked up 15-20 pages. It's... just... cool. That's all I can say. She really has faith in this gospel. =)

As for the other investigator, Brother Chen, has to move back a week because of a school competition in Tae kwon do. He's majoring in it, and has to attend that competition. But this week, he said something really cool. We shared about Obedience, and to start off, we asked why we obey commandments. He basically said the whole lesson by saying: It blesses us, God knows better, and it protects us. He said that because he obeys the Word of Wisdom, he's seen so many blessings. He's got a lot of faith in this too. Haha, it's really cool to see that the happiest parts of my mission really does come from seeing people progress and accept this stuff. It's not from the food or having a shiny black nametag, but really from seeing salvation and mighty change in the works.

I love this area. We're going to have lots of cool things happen here. And as for birthday requests, Umm... I really cannot think of anything. The only thing I can really think of is to pray for me. And really, if there's anything I can do for you, please let me know!! :D

OH! We do service in the library and guess what I found in the Children's Section? Let me know if this rings a bell:

"I love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as you're living, my mother you'll be". I missed that book so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment