Monday, July 19, 2010

July 18, 2010

Ok... so it's the end of the transfer and I'm staying in LongTan, and my companion is going to the US on tuesday. We woke up at 4:30 to email and then head over by train to Taipei, so I'm alittle groggy right now. I don't know how much I'll write about what. Wow... these past 3 days were some of the hardest days to focus on missionary work. Because Elder Weeks is leaving, everyone wants to see him, say bye, feed him, and take pictures. We managed to set up some lessons and teach our investigators, but besides that, not much time to proselyte. Haha, I actually found it weird that I have a year left, and he's going home, yet I was the trunky one. He had no feeling towards it. He just feels he'll go back to doing missionary work after monday. But now that I'll have a new companion, it should be way easy to get back into it.
Whenever a new transfer comes, I create a new planner for it. I use the ones the mission provides, but coat it with pictures from the Liahona or Ensign. I'll have to show you both someday. This one is Enos praying and the back has D&C 123:13. It says: "Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven". So, it's a good motivator.
Oh! So Eric and Catherine Chen got their baptismal interviews yesterday and saturday. Eric passed, but our district leader thought he needs more help on the tithing part. And as for Catherine, she didn't pass because of tithing. Their family is going through some money issues right now, and they support their parents partly financially. So... we'll work with them more. When President Uchtdorf came, they got to go see him and listen to him. Their english is pretty good, so I hope they understood. He basically said: "You cannot afford to NOT pay your tithing!!" He was actually on fire that night. I felt SO bad for his translator. I decided that someone would really have to persuade me to ever translate for a prophet on fire.
Also, hearing alot about going home from Elder Weeks, I thought about going to Budapest... probably traveling alone. And in a country where I will not understand the language... Haha... makes me a little nervous. I don't even know where Hungary is!

No comments:

Post a Comment