Tuesday, July 13, 2010

June 13, 2010

So... the Subject of the email (From the Dragon pool down to the ro…) is some place's names in my area. I never realized how big our area was compared to TianMu. We spent about 30-40 minutes to travel by bike to some areas. One's called ShiMen (RockDoor). So, to start out, this week has rained every single day. Hard hard rain. We were going to ShiMen to visit some former families and a less-active or two, when we decided to take a short cut up a hiking trail. The shortcut included crossing a SpillWater on a river... which we didn't really think about because it's raining. When we arrived at it, there was NO WAY of crossing that with our bikes. Ironically, that was the last stretch of the shortcut, so we'd have to go all the way back if we didn't cross. From the look on his face, I could tell my companion wanted to ford the river... but thanks to the Spirit, I got a clear answer: NO!!!

We talked to some locals by the river and found a bridge to cross the river, but to get up, we had to carry our bikes up a ladder then ride across. It was much smarter and better.

So, that was just a clear answer that I could feel from the Spirit. It took a while for me to notice it was the Spirit, but there was no way I wanted to disobey that impression. Anyways, I thought it was a cool personal story of guidence by the Spirit.

LongTan is a good area. It's like Yuli, but not as small and spread out. The people are more open to talk, but it's still hard to find those prepared here. We've been doing more less-active work to help repair the ward here. One thing I really like about this area is that I get along really well with my companion. I have no bad thoughts about him, and I can see myself staying in contact with him after the mission. He's hard working and a good teacher.

This Church really is true, and it's shown by the fruits of it. I've been studying "The Gospel Blesses families" and it really does give us the unity and happiness promised. I thought about our family. We might sometimes have small arguments, but mostly, I feel the love we all have for each other. I've been trying to address that more and more to people when first sharing the gospel. It's strange that it's getting close to my year mark. I feel like I haven't been a junior companion very long.

I’m exchanging with another Elder. My companion and his companion are going to visit new members in another area, while me and the rest of the District are going to an amusement park! =D I'm soo excited.

Yeah, so mom, I'm so excited about LongTan. Like, my first week, All I thought about every morning was how many prepared people this place has. It just felt like it has SOO much potential. I actually feel a little like a story in preach my gospel. Our ward doesn't seem to care much about missionary work here and doesn't have a great relationship with the members, but I really want to work on that. Serve and care for the members, and the rest of the time, work the hardest I can to get more people to teach and bring to church. I just feel like this place is going to be really cool.

Elder Weeks (and I) talked to some members, shared scriptures, strengthed them, etc, and it didn't count for any numbers. But it felt good. I felt like I was doing the Lord's work. I feel like this transfer's goal is to find a balance. Everything in the gospel is about temperance and a balance from what I've seen. I'm going to try to find a balance between serving with charity and using "Key Indicators" to focus on what's most important in missionary work. I'll work more on charity for people. Sorry I didn't share any scriptures or anything, but I know Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I've recently learned that following his example and living the "What would Jesus do?" attitude, is an easy, easy answer of how we should make decisions in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment