Monday, July 12, 2010

May 3, 2010

Sister Hou is really cool. The ward fellowships her a bunch, but because I have a new companion, I feel like we don't visit her like we should. She got baptized and then it's like the missionaries forgot about her. I want to visit her more, so I'll see what I can do. Elder Chen is a really hard worker, and really is devoted to finding new investigators. We have our struggles, but we're both trying to be patient, and actually... him and I only speak English because he wants to teach English after the mission. I want to speak Chinese, so I'll see what I can do.

Elder Chen actually has met David. David served in his branch right before David left Taiwan. It was funny to see some pictures of David and also some stories. Apparently, David's favorite phrase was "wo de xiezi you she", a quote from Toy Story: "There's a snake in my boot!!" And other stuff. Also, he says I'm a lot like David too. As for explosion of the work, because I went on an exchange with my Zone Leader, I can use the Book of Mormon so much better on the street. I haven't had so many people stop and listen to me. My Zone Leader taught me to have faith and use the Book of Mormon through his example. It was really cool! He isn't the most educated and his Chinese is just a little above mine, but his faith is so big that language is not the problem. You can just feel the love he has for the people when he teaches. It's really neat. Our mission is focusing more on finding people and getting more new investigators than teaching skills or working with members, so it's a bit of a change, but it's getting there on my side.

As for Brother Chen, we'll have to see how things will go. His breath smelled a little like smoke last time, so we'll talk to him about it. He's definitely got a testimony. We just have to make sure he can trust us and not be so embarrassed that he'll forget about the church.

I hope things are going great over there. Ryan should be preparing for exams soon, and you all are packing up getting ready to move. Haha, plus Grandma and Blaire and Karen are coming. Hopefully its not stressful!

No comments:

Post a Comment