Sunday, April 17, 2011

April 16, 2011

Yeah! I got the (birthday) package! It was a HUGE surprise! The Christensens (our friends from Hong Kong who now live in Taiwan) brought bread and a quick-make cake too. Too bad I don't have an oven to make it. I'll see what I can do with it. I also shared some of the things with other missionaries and made their day. Haha... American cereal is something most people really miss. But the thing I loved most of all was all the pictures. I just love seeing my family again. It doesn't make me trunky, but it's just really fun to see what you've all been up to these past years. I'm way excited to just sit in front of the AppleTV looking at even more.

Hmm... The talks I liked the most were probably Richard G. Scott's and Monson's Priesthood session. There was so much revelation in Monson's talk. For all of us guys. You'll just have to watch it. It was funny too.

Hahaha... yeah I got my itinerary too! (He'll be coming home to Budapest via Hong Kong and Moscow on June 21.) I was a little bummed I wasn't going to be in Shanghai for 10 hours, but HK will be fun to land in and walk around for a short time. Just thinking about the past. I really miss it, and a big goal I have is to move back to HK. I had lots of good memories. It might not be the same since I'll be older, but I still love that island.

Sister Lin really is fun. She's had lots of hard things in her life, but she's cool though and fun. She actually served a mission about 40-50 years ago. She was one of the first Taiwanese sister missionaries.

As for proselyting, we had a really cool lesson last night. The spirit was strong, and the girl we met really seemed to want to know if this is true. She said she had a christian friend pray for her once, and she felt it was really peaceful. We shared about the Natural man and testified about letting the gospel change your life to have these attributes. We commited her to pray about these things and to know if what we taught is true. She was way willing and had no objections.

I really had a great week. I tried to keep my birthday a secret, but in doing so, it provoked other office people to celebrate it more... =P. It wasn't what I was going for, but oh well. I had a great time.

I'll be out of the office for sure, and I'll probably be training someone starting next next week to take my spot. This time really went by fast. It was hard, but it was good. I'll have a great last transfer being out in the field all day.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Let everyone know I love them and miss them, but I'll be back soon! :) Plus, I get to call for mothers day! Aiyo! That's just in 2-3 weeks!

Love you!!!!
Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment