Sunday, April 17, 2011

April 2, 2011

It's really great to hear from you. I've been so stoked to read emails from you, Dad, and Ryan today. Like, REALLY. But, I never did it in the Mission Office. I try to be obedient.

I KNOWWW!!! I'm kinda downed about Ryan not speaking Chinese, but I'm sure he'll love Chile. He'll probably be an Assistant to the President. It's just Ryan's personality. I can see him being a great missionary (even though I keep having dreams about him doing voodoo). I'm sure he'll love it. I'll have to send him stuff since Chile isn't too far from the US. Well, basically it settles that I don't need to buy learning supplies for Ryan now.

It's scary that I'm THAT close to coming home. I keep running into things that tell me: I don't want to return. Missionary work is tough, but I feel unready to head back into the real world. I can do it though.

Happy April Fool's Day too! For it, my companion and I did a few things in the office. First of all, my taiwanese companion has some "drink mix" that basically clears and liquifies your bowels. Sooo... we used it to make milkshakes for the Assistants. Too bad we didn't add enough mix because the Assistants to the president didn't say anything :(. Also, I flipped the screen on a senior missionaries computer and made it hard for her to do her work. :) But not too hard. I'll explain it when I get back. Basically, I got in that morning and President said: "I like it, Elder Carlson!" Haha... It was a good day. I also sprayed my companion when he was brushing his teeth. That's pretty much it.

I'm so excited for conference. Two days to relax and listen to what the Lord wants to speak to us. This is the time to receive new scripture. Maybe it's not the seal portions of the Book of Mormon, but whatever it is, is what the Lord wants us to hear. I hope I get to hear it in English this time. I'll see what I can work out. Maybe go on exchanges?

Anyways, we're just finishing up our preparation day. We spent around 5-6 hours traveling to and from a strawberry farming place near Taichung. Kind of a waste of time since all the traveling smushed the strawberries to paste, and the skin had alot of pesticide, so maybe it needs to be thrown away, but anyways, things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment