Sunday, April 17, 2011

December 8, 2010

On a Chicken, what is the red skin on top of the head called? I was choosing what I wanted to eat for lunch, and they had that, so I got that :). Not much flavor, mostly cartilage. Other than that, I can't think of anything weird I've eaten.

I had a big change this past week in my attitude towards missionary work. It was a huge burst of fire when I realized that EVERYTHING is related to our purpose as missionaries. We're here to "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism by immersion, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." I noticed that and then it became more clear that when I meet with investigators, it's not to "make them better people" or to "add members to the Church", but I found that I have more charity towards them because I desire for them to develop faith, repent, so that they're worthy to receive baptism and most importantly, the gift of the Holy Ghost. I loved this week. I even shared this with my investigators, saying "My purpose as a missionary isn't just to say "Join the Church!" but to help you develop faith in Christ and to repent, so you can receive the blessings of baptism and of the Holy Ghost." Then it becomes clear to investigators why they're meeting with us. It gives them a better idea to know what to expect from our lessons. Anyways, I had a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment