Sunday, April 17, 2011

February 19, 2011

So, for now on, my preparation day is always Saturday. We're busy on every other day of the week, so we get the weekend off to proselyte and take care of personal things. Basically, our daily schedual is like this:

6:30 Wake up, Exercise.
7:00 Breakfast and Shower
8:00 Personal Study
9:00 Office Work
6:00pm Dinner
7:00pm Proselyting
9:00pm (some days later) Return home and plan tomorrows activities.

That's basically it. We're in the office the whole day taking care of the mission needs. Right now, Elder Chatlain is training me. He's from Sandy, Utah and is a really cool guy. He knew my BYU roommate Alex. Pretty sweet! He'll be with me for 2 weeks, and then he's off in another area procelyting. I'll probably be here for 2 transfers and then train someone for 2 weeks on my last transfer. Then I'll be thrown out into the field to finish up my mission. Kinda sad to know that it's just THAT much over. We do get 2 hours a day to proselyte, but usually things come up and we don't get the time.

Anyways, my responsibilities are: Filing baptismal records, sending reports to Elder Perkins, faxing things, fixing computers, and most importantly, keeping the senior couple sane :) There's alot more, but that's the main jist. Another busy part is accompaning my other companion (Elder Yu) who has to travel to all the apartments to fix them, manage contracts, pay bills, fill up President's Toyota Camry, etc. It takes a LOT of time.

Well, this is my new mission! It's pretty different!

No comments:

Post a Comment