Sunday, April 17, 2011

February 7, 2011

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!! (Happy Chinese New Year!) Year of the Rabbit!

Sorry about the short email last week. I was pretty sure I was going to come back and write more, but found that I ran out of time because of bad planning. Sorry about that. Kelly's note: I didn't even include it as it just talked about receiving a box of things I sent. Also, I've caught the mission plague too. Kinda like what Sterling has. Basically, a had a fever and headache last sunday until monday. Then for the rest of the week I've been coughing up mucus and getting extremely dizzy. And I'm still coughing it up today and I feel like I'm going to fall over. But I'll be fine in a few days. I've been resting, but I hate being inside all day, so I've been doing missionary work too.

This week has been like a dream. We've basically woken up, slept through studies (because we're both sick), go eat lunch at a members house, rest at home, proselyte outside a bit, eat dinner at a member's house, then proselyte/rest at home. That's mostly it. I haven't felt so tired my whole mission. The up side of the week though was that we got to meet more members and know them better, and also the weather has been amazingly warm. I'm wearing short sleeves again with no jacket :)

As for coming home, yeah, June 22 is the day I should be flying home. The mission will most likely give you some info about it. Shouldn't be a big problem. And really, no worries about me being trunky. I got a taste of what it feels like to not be on a mission this week, and it's weird. I didn't like it. I'd much rather be studying, preaching, testifying, and helping people understand the importance of the gospel. I'm really going to miss it here.

Anyways, I heard from my Ward mission leader that theres lots of signs of the times. Volcano in Japan, we had an earthquake here last week, Yellowstone has a volcano that might explode, snowstorms all over the US, Big storm in Australia, etc. Crazy huh?

The further and further I get on my mission, its not the "I"M GOING HOME" feelings. It's more of the "wow.. I still have so much more to learn!!!" feelings. I still feel so spiritually immature and that I need to grow more in listening the the spirit to receive revelation. I've received some good revelation last night that maybe I'll have to share with you after my mission. Right now wouldn't be too appropriate. I'd feel bad. I'll just tell you later.

Yeah, This experience really has changed me and I'm really am grateful for it. I'll really miss it though. I don't want to come home and worry about girls or about dating, etc. Sooooo ma fan! I just hope I can learn what kind of girl I want and make the right choice. I've made...mistakes in the past. But I learned alot. Anyways, I really miss you too, and I'm excited to see you in a few months. It's really going to come fast. Elder Green is leaving home in a week. I remember when he had 3 transfers left. That's where I'm at now. That was like yesterday for him. I'll see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment