Sunday, April 17, 2011

March 12, 2011

I was talking to Sister Perkins in the car to the airport, she told me about all the things going on in Japan. She said that... the missionaries are all safe. So, I hope everyone isn't worrying too much. It's such a big earthquake though.

Interesting thing was that Elder Yu (my companion) and I went up to the coast of JiLong to fix a thing in an apartment. We already left when we got the call, as a few people in the mission office were worried about us and those elders. They said the Tsunami would hit at 5:30 or 6, but nothing big happened. I talked to the Yuli Elders (because I can call anyone in the mission I want too. I love privilages!), and they said in Taidong, the water rose 50 cm, but nothing big happened. We're all safe here, but Taiwan is a fault line, so it's only a matter of time since the last days are here.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying the office. So many privilages! I do have to watch myself alot though that I don't do anything unbecoming of a missionary. I also need to learn to balance my time better. It's so easy to be caught up in a lot of mission projects.

I'm so excited to hear where Ryan is going! like REALLY! I'm still wishing that I'll see the email through the mission email address, because when he gets his call, we get all his information on the internet. But, most likely he's going to another mission. I'm going to guess Taichung. We need a missionary in every part of Taiwan. Then we could really give you and Dad tours of this island.

No comments:

Post a Comment