Sunday, April 17, 2011

October 31, 2010

As for [giving] talks in English... Ummm... none so far. Everytime I talk in Chinese, I wonder how much better I could speak [in English] because it's my mother tongue and I don't have to do any translation. It's cool though when you listen to chinese and it starts to feel like your native tongue. I felt like that yesterday when listening to some people speak. It just went straight to my heart without going through English translation.

My companion is so... umm. Awesome is all I can think of. We were teaching a lesson with a guy we stood up a week before, and at the end, I totally forgot about the baptismal commitment. Then all a sudden my companion said "Wo keyi wen ni yige wenti ma? yidan ni zhidao fuxing de fuyin shi zhenshi de, ni yuanyi jieshou xili ma?" (Can I ask you a question? Once you know the restored gospel is true, are you willing to be baptized?). After explaining it more, he committed to be baptized on 12/4 if he receives an answer. Now it's just time to help him receive this revelation.

I would love to tape a Dan Jones, but that could have lots of negative effects on the people we're doing it to. Instead of doing it to help them develop interest in the gospel, they might see it as a "truth or dare" thing among us missionaries. If done right, Dan Jones is a really great finding tool.
I love hearing stories about absolutely golden people. Just willing to do anything and will read the scriptures like mad. It's really cool. My companion got baptized a year and a bit ago. He only had 2 missionaries on his Island in Malaysia and was working hard to set up a time with them. No matter how golden he was, the missionaries were really busy there. And only had sometime to meet with him. Tell me how he progresses and how the baptism goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment