Sunday, April 17, 2011

October 4, 2010

So... this week went super duper fast. And then next week will to. This week, we actually got 6 investigators to come to church. One fell asleep right next to me and said church was boring, another zoned out, but the family we're working with loved it, just like every week they attend. I wrote something to president this week about how preparation for the Sabbath is so important. This week felt like one of my most uplifting and spiritual ones in JiLong. It's interesting that the same meeting could be so great to one person, but deathly boring to the other. The only difference is the faith and preparation put into it. If you go in with a repentant heart, and think of the Savior's sacrifice, and desiring to change to be more like him, you'll have a Spiritual meeting. It's kind of how Jesus taught. "He that has ears to hear, let him hear". His parables might have been boring, or confusing to others, but to those with broken and contrite hearts, it must have been like audible revelation to their ears and minds.

I'm really excited for conference, but I might have to wait until November. My companion is a native, so for the ward to put alot of effort in broadcasting an English one for one person, I think I'll just have to do my best to listen and pay attention in Chinese. I'll just have to read them all over again in the Ensign. I feel like its going to be a great conference though.

No comments:

Post a Comment