Tuesday, May 17, 2011

April 30, 2011

This week was great. Elder Porter and I are working out well. I really admire some of his qualities and he's taught me things that I'll use my last transfer to just keep on going till the end. Since I've been in the office, It's really easy to find excuses to put off that finding/teaching investigator time. There's always something we could be doing to helping out the mission office, but we need to remember that our missionary work at night is just as important. Someone in the office said something that made me think about how to be a great father when I'm feeling work stress. Basically, there's work time, and family time. Once I get off work, I should STAY off work. I should go home, stay with my wife and kids and build a good relationship with them. Anyways, It was just a thought for the future. Doing it is more difficult that just thinking it.

O… is doing awesome. She has a great desire to learn alot, and isn't meeting with us just because we're cool or whatever. She's amazing and has thought about alot of more spiritual and life things. She has a baptismal date set for June 11th. Right before I go home. Of course, I'll be in another area, but I'll see if I can get permission to attend it. By the way, I'm still in the Mission office. I have 1 more week, and then I call home on the 8th, then move the 9th. I'm really hoping I stay close to Taipei. That's where most of the people I know are at, and it's close to all the places I want to visit before I return. We're also meeting with a guy named M... He came to our English class, but we met him before and talked to him about the gospel.

Yeah, so this last week is going to be sad. I'm really going to miss the office. I've had lots of great experiences there. I just think it's going to be hard in a new area that I KNOW I'm leaving in 6 weeks. It'll be hard to be motivated to build a good relationship with the members. I'll try my best though.

No comments:

Post a Comment