Saturday, June 18, 2011

May 23, 2011

Regarding the picture of Scott with his companion in the lily field:
Yeah, we went out to a mountain where they had a huge field of lilys. We could pick about 10 for only 3 USD. Haha, I'm not much of a fan of flowers, but I thought it was cool. That was taken on my camera by Jimmy Ku. The missionaries in it is me and Elder Cheng-Jui Yu (Chinese: 余承叡).
So here's something I wrote to my mission president today:
"We saw tons of miracles here and I'm so glad to be serving here in DanShui. The one I wanted to make note of was last week monday. I had a feeling to contact a guy nearby when we arrived at a house, and he set up for the next night. We met with him and his small family twice that week, and they came to church. They said they really like Christian churches and its what they were looking for in the past. They just backed out of getting baptized in the past because of their parents wanting them to worship ancestors. After working through that issue, they said they'd be willing to shoot for July 9th for being baptized. They came to church this sunday too. It was a really cool experience to show that through faith, miracles are brought to pass. Christ really is preparing souls here in Taiwan."

Yeah, basically I'm having the time of my life here in Danshui. By the way, M. is getting baptized on 6/11. And.... O IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON 6/4!!! I'm going to ask president if I can attend at least O's. We have a person or two getting baptized here in Danshui too, but I just love seeing O and M get baptized because I got to work with them a bit more and help them even with all the stress in the Mission Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment